Dental bridges are used to replace one or more missing teeth. At Motivo Dental we provide dental bridge service for patients who need it.
Indications for Dental Bridges:
- Dental bridges are usually needed when a tooth is lost. The adjacent teeth must be strong enough to hold a fake tooth (a pontic) permanently to replace that missing tooth; in some cases we can replace more than one missing tooth with a long dental bridge.
- Dental bridges can be used when the teeth adjacent to the missing tooth have large fillings so they can benefit from dental crowns.
- Dental bridges are also recommended if a dental implant cannot be done to replace the missing tooth.
Materials Used for Dental Bridges
At Motivo Dental in west Edmonton we make all types of dental bridges.
- All ceramic bridges
- Porcelain fused to metal bridges
- Metal bridges.
Please call Motivo Dental to learn more about the options.
- In order to make a dental bridge, the adjacent teeth should be prepared to receive crowns. The fake tooth that will replace the missing tooth will be held by these crowns.
- The first step is to take the records, which may include pictures, x-rays, or study models. After studying these records, the treatment plan is prepared, and the color/shade is chosen.
- The second step is to prepare the adjacent teeth for the crowns. Impressions need to be taken, and a temporary bridge needs to be cemented on. The impression is sent to a dental lab to manufacture the bridge.
- The next appointment you get the bridge cemented on. The dentist checks the bite, the function, and the esthetics.
Alternative Options for Replacing Teeth
At Motivo Dental in west Edmonton we can also replace missing teeth by using Dental Implants, or removable partial dentures. A consultation with the dentist is necessary to decide which treatment option is best for you.