Dental implants are the tooth replacement solution most similar in function, feel, and appearance, to a natural tooth.
A dental implant is a post made of biologically-compatible titanium that is surgically placed into the jaw bone, mimicking the root of a natural tooth. Over a period of 3- 6 months, the implant “osseointegrates” and fuses with the jaw bone, ensuring its stability. Once osseointegration is established, the implant is ready to be fitted with a crown, bridge, or denture, to replace one or more missing teeth.
Implants require an adequate amount of healthy bone levels. A thorough examination by Dr. Alhomsi, which may consist of a 3D CBCT x-ray, will determine if implant placement is the right treatment option for you.
Besides function, feel, and appearance, there are many other advantages to dental implants:
- For the right candidates, dental implants have a higher long-term success rate than other tooth replacement options. Although implants are a greater investment initially, they are more economical in the long run, and as long as adequate oral hygiene is practiced, they should not need replacement.
- Unlike placing a bridge, we do not have to prepare or alter adjacent teeth to place a dental implant.
- When we lose a tooth, we begin to lose the bone in the area surrounding the tooth, which may have a negative effect on adjacent teeth. Implants are the only tooth replacement option that keep the bone healthy and intact.
- Biting force with an implant is similar to the biting force that natural teeth provide, as opposed to removable dentures that dramatically reduce biting force. Having a strong bite helps you enjoy your food and chew it properly, which is essential for proper nutrition.
- It is much easier to perform oral hygiene around implants than a bridge, or even around teeth that are supporting a denture. In fact, one of the main reasons of dental bridge failure is tooth decay caused by inefficient cleaning around a bridge.
At Motivo Dental, we want to help give you a beautiful, healthy smile, and can customize payment plans if financial assistance is required.
Best for: Individuals with healthy, adequate bone levels looking for the best solution for tooth replacement.
Contact us today with any questions, such as the implant process or cost inquiries, and to schedule an implant consultation appointment to find out if you are a suitable candidate!